The state of America's healthcare system is just utterly garbage compared to what is available in the rest of the world.
#expatlife is looking more affordable and better for my health
My hospital trip to the ER:
- My wife's sister drove me there (I frantically asked people not to call a squad)
- I waited for 10 minutes in the ER waiting room after checking in
- I waited for 20 minutes for radiology
- I spent 10 minutes in radiology where they took 2 x-rays
- I spent 20 minutes waiting on follow up
- Nobody even touched my hurt shoulder the entire time I was there
- I left with an ice-pack and prescription I paid out-of-pocket to have filled
- Instructions that assumed I had follow up support (no insurance)
So I was in the hospital for roughly an hour, and here's what I was billed:
- $2,000 by the hospital
- $185 by radiology
- $1000 by some random company I have to confirm is actually legitimate
Over $2,000 (maybe even $3,000 if this scam company turns out legit) for a 1-hour trip to the ER where they took two x-rays to ensure it wasn't broken and sent me on my way.
Something needs changed, America. Vote better.
Quick update: The scam company is legit. Their doctor didn't even see me, but they were personally available - so I get to pay $985.00 for that doctor to not even see me.